The problem: The hospital has already invoiced for my patient. Do I really need to enter this information again when I invoice my fees for the procedure?
Healthcode’s reply: No, you don’t as invoice auto-population enables practitioners (who are recognised as controlling specialists) to generate an invoice with the correct patient and episode fields completed, including the patient’s GP, insurer, membership number and the diagnosis and procedure codes used by the hospital. Anaesthetists and radiologists can also use this feature for episodes where they provided care and are linked to the controlling specialist.
All you need to do is add your own fee which you can do with one click if you use our pricing matrix feature.
This feature is only available to ePractice Lite or Pro users.
- Check your status page for a list of all the patients where invoices have been sent by the hospital showing you as “controlling specialist” (surgeons only).
- Anaesthetists and radiologists will need to enter the patient’s last name, date of birth, treatment date and hospital in the search box.
- Select the patient you want to invoice.
- Check details from the hospital invoice, including patient, GP, primary diagnosis and procedure.
- Complete the fields for service dates and fee.
- Click Service type and select an option from the dropdown menu.
- Complete invoice by clicking save and send.
If you’re interested in finding out more about ePractice Lite or Pro why not book a demo with our Business Development team.
Learn more about invoice auto-population and other time-saving ePractice features by signing up for our free online tutorials with the Healthcode Academy. The Academy’s Service Delivery Associates will guide you through our series of short, personalised training sessions, using your own data to make the training as relevant as possible.
We offer a one-hour billing module – Electronic billing & collection | Module 2 – that takes you through everything to do with invoicing. For those who just want to focus on invoice auto-population, we offer a bite-size option – you’ll need module 2A.