Healthcode has come a long way from our beginnings as a clearing organisation for electronic invoices.
By the time of our twentieth birthday in 2020, we were known for a range of innovative products and services – like The PPR (The Private Practice Register), ePractice, secure file sharing and shortfall collections – that could streamline admin processes, seamlessly connect organisations and provide access to accurate data for informed decision-making.
We’ve always believed that our online technology has the potential to transform the private healthcare sector. However, we also know that Healthcode itself has to change in order to achieve this ambition.
Following a strategic review of the business, we’ve embarked on an ambitious Transformation Programme to ensure that modern business systems and processes are in place to operate efficiently on a bigger scale and be more accessible to our customers.
The bold programme covers five areas of our business:
- Clearing systems – We’re ensuring our core services are secure, reliable and easily accessible from multiple user interfaces.
- Customer operations – We’re both expanding our service capacity as well as giving you more control over your Healthcode account and multi-channel support so you can contact us in the way and time that suits you best.
- Technical infrastructure – We’ve migrated to a gold standard IT infrastructure which is better able to support our technology in terms of reliability, scalability and security; and we’re changing our approach to product development so we can be faster, more responsive and customer-focused.
- Information governance – We’ve adopted a security-by-design approach to everything we do to ensure we maintain the highest data security standards.
- Central functions – We’re strengthening our teams across the business, ensuring they have the skills, resources and leadership to take Healthcode to the next level.
As a customer, we hope you’ve noticed some of the ‘early wins’ we’ve already introduced, such as the expansion of our Customer Service team, the new password reset facility and the Healthcode Academy which provides free 1-2-1 online training to help you get the most from ePractice and The PPR.
We’re also working on a number of other projects, including a more user-friendly way to log in and access your Healthcode products and services from one place and a new Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to make it easier for you to contact us.
Healthcode has always occupied a unique place at the heart of the sector and our mission is to see it prosper. The scope of this Transformation Programme reflects our commitment to supporting your business and working together to shape the future of private healthcare.
If you have any questions about the Transformation Programme, contact Nicola Kingsmill, Transformation Programme Director.