The problem: I see more self-funded patients these days but how can I ensure these have a secure and convenient way to pay? Paper invoices are inefficient and certainly don’t help my cash flow.
Healthcode’s reply: Instead of paper invoices, you can use Healthcode’s secure online payments via patientzone service to charge patients for self-funded care and insurer shortfalls. It is a cost-effective way to implement online patient invoicing and payment. There is no need to worry about card processing appliances or arranging merchant accounts and patientzone charges only 2.5% per invoice + VAT per paid invoice*. Patients will appreciate the security, convenience and the reassurance of payment confirmation. ePractice Lite and Pro users can also create and send shortfall letters, details of debt reallocations and payment reminders and credit notes if the original invoice was sent through patientzone*.
- Click on Integration Services in the settings menu to register for patientzone as a single practitioner or multi-practitioner practice.
- Use the link from patientzone to log in and follow the steps to complete your account set-up.
- Set the invoice template you would like to use for patientzone in Integration Services.
- Create an invoice in Quick eBill or Advanced Bill, ensuring that you have a valid email address and mobile number for the payor.
- Save and send the invoice. Once registered, your ePractice settings will change so non-insurer invoices are automatically sent through patientzone.
- patientzone sends an email notification to the payor with a link so they can pay securely online.
- patientzone sends confirmation to you and the payor once the invoice is settled. Your invoices are automatically reconciled within 30 minutes of payment
* There is a charge of 10p + VAT for each reminder letter sent.
Learn more about using patientzone to send a Quick eBill to patients and other time-saving ePractice features by visiting Healthcode’s Online Payments Help & Support page which has a range of informative articles from setting up all the way through to getting paid by patientzone.
If you’re interested in finding out more about ePractice Lite or Pro why not book a demo with our Business Development team.