An enhanced version of ePractice manager, Healthcode’s online practice management and billing system, will enable independent practices to operate even more effectively, and will be particularly beneficial for larger practices with multiple locations.
The specialists in IT systems for the private healthcare sector have introduced a host of new features after consulting with users, focusing on the diary and appointments module, document management and reporting.
New and improved features for ePractice manager users include the ability to:
- Block time to show when specialists are unavailable or dealing with admin, as well as clinics and consultations.
- Record when patients have arrived for their appointment.
- Email appointment confirmations to patients.
- Create GP letters from a template which automatically includes GP details and a patient summary.
- Personalise letters to patients efficiently with a feature which automatically completes designated fields with the correct patient name and appointment details.
- Assign appointments to a cost centre within the organisation.
- Record how patients’ heard about the practice to inform marketing.
- Create additional management reports, including ones showing invoices and aged debt analysis by cost centre.
As ePractice is an online service, ePractice manager subscribers will be able to access the new functions when they log onto Healthcode. They will not have to purchase a new version of the software.
Healthcode’s Managing Director, Peter Connor said: “We know that a growing proportion of Healthcode practices have several specialists who treat patients at multiple locations. The latest version of ePractice manager reflects this growing complexity. As always, our aim is to help expanding practices provide the most efficient service for patients, operate cost-effectively and adapt to the latest challenges in private healthcare.”